Monday, August 12, 2013

New School Year, New Art Experience!

WELCOME TO 2013/2014 VISUAL ART @NeelsArtRoom



Summer is finally over and a new school year is upon us. I hope everyone had a wonderful rejuvenating couple of months! I spent my summer teaching art camps at Urbana Art and Soul to some wonderful groups of young artists, tweeting about art, pinning AWESOME art ideas, painting, and reading. I'm looking forward to sharing everything I've learned and created with you during another amazing year of Visual Art at WKMS.

Some things you need to know...

1. Neel's Art Room is a 21st century studio that will inspire creativity and self expression with real-world connections. This year is going to be a new adventure into the world of art and creativity. I have a class website and blog that will be used on a regular basis along with Edmodo to learn, communicate, and collaborate. I will share information about all of these resources a little later.

2. Consider yourself an ARTIST from the moment you step into my art room. Everyone is an artist in their own way . We have different styles, opinions, and ideas. I can't wait to share mine with you and have you share yours with me!

3. Always have fun, be creative, and think outside the box. :)

Okay, now for specifics...

Supplies Needed: Sketchbook (spiral bound), Colored Pencils, Sharpie (or permanent black marker), colored pencils, pencils (regular #2 not mechanical) and erasers. *Handheld sharpener HIGHLY recommended.

NeelsArtRoom Website:  www.NeelsArtRoom.weebly.com (not yet updated for 2013)
NeelsArtRoom Blog:  www.NeelsArtRoom.blogspot.com (feel free to browse)
*The website links directly to the blog also.

The syllabus with grading procedures, rubrics, and other information will be posted on my website by the end of the week.

Excited,

Ms. Neel







No comments:

Post a Comment