Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Using Edmodo in the Art Classroom

Using EDMODO in Visual Art

In this post, I hope to clarify, provide information, and answer your questions about Edmodo use in the Visual Art classroom. Visit Edmodo for more information.

I intend to use Edmodo to create a collaborative classroom community where we can communicate about assignments, preview techniques, view PowerPoint presentations, critique artwork, involve parents/family, and even turn in sketchbook assignments. The possibilities are endless with Edmodo. Getting signed in may be the most difficult part for someone who is unfamiliar with this website and app. I have attached a link HERE that should help explain the process of getting connected (you will be directed to my class website).

I want to create a 21st century art classroom where we collaborate and connect with each other outside of class as well to expand our creativity. This can be done using Edmodo. I highly encourage all of my students to become familiar with the tools and features on their own and come to class with questions. I plan to host ELT Q&A sessions for students having trouble or anyone who needs to use Edmodo on MY classroom computer due to issues with internet/computer access at home. This can take place during ELT (or during studio time if needed). 

Please contact me via email with any questions @ Lindsay.Neel@fcps.org. 

No comments:

Post a Comment