Friday, October 4, 2013

FINISHED EARLY & ELT Creations (Oct)

Are you FINISHED EARLY or LOOKING FOR A PROJECT TO WORK ON DURING ELT (Extended Learning Time)? 

My students often come up to me during class with the typical "I'M DONE" smile on their faces. You're done? That's awesome! Push your creativity to the limits! I am well aware that artists work at different speeds. I, myself, work quickly. When I'm finished, I'm looking for something new to create. If you are like me, here are some options for October that you can work on if you are "finished early" (before others) and/or during ELT. This month, it is our responsibility as WKMS artists and designers to advertise and promote the upcoming OKTOBERFEST production that will be held on Oct. 31st. Instead of creating the normal boring posters, I have provided you with some ideas below. Each of these ideas can be transformed into a work of art (SIMILAR to a poster) to advertise. 

Note: All of these images were found on Pinterest and should in NO WAY be copied exactly. Use them only as INSPIRATION for your own artistic creations.

Seasonal word trees (Oktoberfest information could be showcased in creative writing).

White colored pencil on black paper or pen and ink (techniques such as hatching, cross hatching, and stippling could be used)

Zentangled or colorfully decorated skulls. I can see a word or thought bubble with Oktoberfest information being displayed as well.

Pen and ink on top of newspaper or old book pages. Thin k about how you could add Oktoberfest information to this work of art.

White colored pencil or chalk on black paper to study typography and fonts.

Seasonal crafts. Candy corn mobiles, can you think of other seasonal mobile designs?

Symmetrical word/name skeletons. Think about Oktoberfest information as the body.

Here are some more ideas not pictured: Origami bats, spooky word creations, creepy silhouettes and more...


Stay tuned for November/December ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment