Thursday, August 30, 2012

REMINDERS and UPDATES for 2012-2013 :)

Hello all! It has been soooooo nice meeting everyone and getting to know my new group of students over the past few days! I am SUPER excited about every single class and have already seen some amazing talent in the small activities we have been working on for the past two days! :) I couldn't be happier.

Here are some reminders...

1. First of all, I look forward to meeting some of the parents on Tuesday Sept. 4th at WKMS's back to school night. At that time I will be reviewing the course outline, showing off some artwork, and reviewing required materials. I'll even have a little art activity for parents!

2. Students have received their syllabus and should therefore have it signed and turned back in to me by the beginning of next week. If a syllabus is lost, you can print out a copy at home by visiting my website http://Neelsartroom.weebly.com. Every document handed out in the class will be available through this website.

3. Sketchbooks are also needed by the beginning of next week. Spiral bound sketchbooks can be found at Wal Mart, A.C. Moore, Ollies, Office Depot, etc. If there are any issues finding or buying sketchbooks please do not hesitate to email me.

***Last, but certainly not least, PARENTS AND/OR STUDENTS (7th and 8th Grade only) can sign up for text message reminders about homework, project dates, etc. through Remind101. Students have received directions on how to sign up. No phone numbers are exchanged, and students (or parents) are not able to respond to the messages sent. FAQ's are on the back of the handout students received on the first day of class.

Have a wonderful 3 day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment